Japanese Knotweed Specialists in Leeds
TP knotweed are the country’s leading authority on the identification, removal and elimination of Japanese knotweed. The weed is especially threatening because of its hardy nature; home attempts to remove it are largely ineffective and often lead to further spread of the plant, which re-grows quickly from clippings as small as two millimetres.
Japanese knotweed is fast-growing and resilient. Its ability to grow indiscriminately through rock, concrete and brick makes it especially damaging to residential and commercial properties, and road infrastructure. The presence of knotweed on your premises can have far-reaching impacts on everything from your house price to mortgage rates. In some instances, buyers have been denied mortgages on the grounds of knotweed infestations.
Japanese Knotweed Survey Leeds
If you are looking to buy or sell a property in Leeds, you will likely require a full Japanese knotweed survey to confirm the presence or absence of Japanese knotweed within the boundaries of your property. Many times, there are also cases where Japanese knotweed has spread from a commercial site such as a railway embankment to a residential property, and a survey can provide evidence.
Our Home Sellers & Buyers survey and report offers peace of mind to clients in Leeds who are buying or selling property which is affected by Japanese knotweed and other invasive plants.
Our surveys in Leeds include:
- A full walkover survey
- RICS Management Category Assessment
- Annotated photographs
- A GIS CAD site plan
- Site findings & professional recommendations on the most appropriate remediation method
- A quotation on the recommendations above
Complete our 2 step form.
Receive a call back within 24 hours to organise your survey.
Survey takes place.
Documentation and (if necessary) quotation sent within 24 hours.
Japanese Knotweed Removal Leeds
Japanese knotweed has an incredibly robust plant structure, allowing it to grow in almost any environment. This is largely why the removal of Japanese knotweed is so difficult.
With its ability to tolerate low temperatures, it can rapidly spread through any gaps in structures like bricks or concrete. By choosing a trusted Japanese knotweed removal specialist in Leeds, you can ensure your infestation is removed permanently, and avoid the cost of knotweed damage in future.
Japanese Knotweed Removal Cost in Leeds
There is no one fixed Japanese knotweed removal cost, as this depends on the treatment plan and extent of your infestation.
Our careful and methodical treatment of Japanese knotweed using appropriate chemicals and dosages over time allow for successful control of the Japanese knotweed, as well as prevent it from spreading. We offer a 100% guarantee that our herbicide treatment programmes will prevent any future above ground growth. However, this treatment method does not guarantee that the underground rhizomes will be removed.
Excavation involves digging up the entire root system, and is the only method which allows Japanese knotweed to be removed fully and permanently. It’s important for works to be carried out by experts such as TPK knotweed, to ensure complete removal, as a minute piece of rhizome has the ability to regrow and lead to spreading.
Japanese Knotweed in Leeds: The Facts
Japanese knotweed has been identified in numerous locations across Leeds and poses a notable threat. Here are the latest observations regarding the presence of Japanese knotweed in the broader Leeds area.
- Leeds, like several other cities in the UK, is facing the threat of Japanese knotweed. This invasive plant has established its presence in various parts of the city, spanning both urban and rural areas. You can find Japanese knotweed in residential neighbourhoods as well as commercial properties
- According to a survey conducted in 2019, Leeds was ranked as the ninth city in the UK with the highest prevalence of Japanese knotweed, with the plant present on 3.3% of properties.
- Leeds City Council recognises Japanese knotweed as a significant issue and provides guidance to property owners on how to manage and control the plant. The council advises seeking professional advice for effective treatment and removal.
- When it comes to removing Japanese knotweed in Leeds, the cost can differ depending on various factors. The size of the infestation, how easily accessible the affected areas are, and the specific treatment methods needed all play a role in determining the cost.
- To get an accurate estimate, it’s usually best to consult with specialists in your area who can assess your unique situation. They have the expertise to evaluate the specific factors involved and provide you with a reliable cost estimate.
To prevent the spread of Japanese knotweed and minimise related risks and expenses, it is crucial for property owners and developers in Leeds to stay vigilant, promptly address any instances of Japanese knotweed, and implement recommended measures to effectively manage and control the weed.
Properties with Japanese Knotweed In Leeds
Leeds was first noted as a major centre of manufacturing during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, when it began producing wool. It cemented this reputation during the Industrial Revolution.
Nowadays its extensive retail area has made it the go-to shopping destination for the whole of the Yorkshire and Humber area. Unfortunately, with high footfall comes increased distribution of weeds and plant matter. When the weed in question can grow through concrete and metal, this spells particular problems for built-up urban cities.
The best way to avoid financial and legal costs is to contract a licensed Japanese knotweed removal specialist. A PCA-accredited expert with a 10-year Insurance-Backed Guarantee is a reliable and effective way of treating your knotweed and eliminating the problem. For cases in and around the Leeds area, TP knotweed can help.